Packing tips to help you pack in only a carry on for your week plus vacation!
No need to worry about your checked bag getting lost this time because you won’t be checking one.
Of course this way of packing isn’t the only way, but it’s the way I packed last year for 7 months when I went to Australia! Hope you get some help from this post!
Some things to consider when packing in your carry on:
– Check out the airline company you’re flying with online to see what the maximum carry on size you can bring, otherwise if your bag is too big they’ll make you check it.
– Take in account for what you’ll be wearing on the plane and count it as 1 outfit.
– Remember you can wear your pants, sweaters, and sometimes even shirts more than once!
-Pack the amount of underwear and socks that you need for each day that you’re gone plus a few extra – just incase
-Use packing cubes to divide your stuff! This keeps things organized and compact
– When using packing cubes opt for rolling your clothes to save spaces, and stack the rolls when necessary.
-Use fluffy socks for putting delicate/breakables like electronics in for extra cushioning.
-Bring a battery pack charger for any long flights you may have.
– Fold electronic cords and tie a hair band around the cord to keep things near.
-Pack electronics where you can easily access them incase you want them during the flight.
–Always pack your liquids in a sealed plastic bag incase there’s a spill, your clothes will be safe!
-Pack your liquids in a clear ziplock bag, so you don’t have to deal with angry security people.
-Pack a shampoo bar instead of a bottle of shampoo, it saves spaces and you don’t have to worry about spills!
-Bring a small tub of coconut oil for mascara removal, moisturizer, to de frizz your split ends and even a substitute for shaving cream.
– Pack an emergency nail file incase of hang nails!
Here’s a picture of all the toiletries and makeup I’m bringing with me! Ideally I would like to bring less but I always try to keep care of my acne even on vacation. In the next few pictures I will be listing the name of every item below!
- Too Faced Palette (eyeshadow and blush)
- Elf Contour Palette
- Laneige Lip Mask(best product ever, seriously i’ve never had soft like I’ve had this winter)
- Generic Nude Lipstick
- Tarte matte lipgloss
- Silicon sponge (a great alternative to a normal sponge that harbours acne causing bacteria)
- Bare Minerals – Bare-pro foundation -a new addition to my makeup and it’s amazing!
- Tweezers + scissors (always handy to have with you)
- Napoleon cream eyeshadow
- Generic blush + contour brush
- Urban Decay foundation brush
- Smashbox Full Exposure mascara ( I’ve been using this for about a week and I love it! Perfect for clump free volume)
- Rubber Face Srubber (way more effective than using your fingers)
- Alba Acnedote Face Wash
- Witch Hazel ( great for acne and other skin irritations)
- Elta MD SPF 45
- Equate Dry Facial Cloths
- BenzaGel (acne spot treatment)
- Tretinoin Cream
- Electric Toothbrush
- Tub of Homemade Deodorant
- Powder Brush (for applying my dry shampoo)
- Travel Size Toothpaste
- Sports Bra
- Grey T-shirt
- Black T-shirt
- Jean Jacket (plane outfit)
- LuluLemon Workout Pants
- Workout Shirt
- T-shirt (traded this for a BCBG Dress)
- Black and Grey Tank Top
- Black Flats
- Coral Shirt (for the plane)
- Black Jean Shorts
- Light Blue Jeans
- Printed Jumpsuit
- Maxi Dress
- Black Jeans (for the plane)
Here’s a look at everything packed and ready to go for my trip! Just a side note as you can see I ended up adding my electronics, straightener and acne blue light nevertheless everything still fit perfectly in my carry-on!
Hope these carry on packing tips help you pack more efficiently for your next trip! If you have any tips of your own be sure to comment down below and share this post if you think it will help someone else! Stay tuned for the future posts from Quintana Roo Mexico!!